The Ministry of Transport has suspended the operating licences of Mangwa Boy Transport Company following tell me a littlethe deadly road accident at Nomale in Ndikinimeki, Centre Region, which claimed 16 lives on Friday, August 14, 2026.
The accident involved a Mangwa Boy bus and an articulated truck belonging to Mr Tata Emmanuel. According to the Ministry of Transport, preliminary investigations found that the bus was operating unlawfully and was not equipped with the approved safety and monitoring device. The driver was also reportedly overtired and in a state of drowsiness when the bus collided with the truck.
The provisional death toll stands at 16 people, including the bus driver. Twelve victims reportedly died at the scene, while four others later succumbed to their injuries at the Bafia District Hospital. A further 42 people sustained injuries in the crash.
The Ministry said the truck involved in the accident had been improperly parked on the roadway and was overloaded, contributing to the tragedy.
Following the findings, the Minister of Transport, Jean Ernest Masséna Ngalle Bibehe, announced a series of administrative sanctions as a precautionary measure, without prejudice to any judicial or criminal proceedings that may follow.
For Mangwa Boy Company Ltd, the Ministry ordered the suspension of its second-category transport operating licences Nos. 20134/SSDT/MINT/DDT/OU001 and 47240/SSDT/MINT/DTR/CE004 Mangwa Boy Transport Company Suspended After Ndikinimeki Crash Kills 16
The Ministry of Transport has suspended the operating licences of Mangwa Boy Transport Company following the deadly road accident at Nomale in Ndikinimeki, Centre Region, which claimed 16 lives on Friday, August 14, 2026.
The accident involved a Mangwa Boy bus and an articulated truck belonging to Mr Tata Emmanuel. According to the Ministry of Transport, preliminary investigations found that the bus was operating unlawfully and was not equipped with the approved safety and monitoring device. The driver was also reportedly overtired and in a state of drowsiness when the bus collided with the truck.
The provisional death toll stands at 16 people, including the bus driver. Twelve victims reportedly died at the scene, while four others later succumbed to their injuries at the Bafia District Hospital. A further 42 people sustained injuries in the crash.
The Ministry said the truck involved in the accident had been improperly parked on the roadway and was overloaded, contributing to the tragedy.
Following the findings, the Minister of Transport, Jean Ernest Masséna Ngalle Bibehe, announced a series of administrative sanctions as a precautionary measure, without prejudice to any judicial or criminal proceedings that may follow.
For Mangwa Boy Company Ltd, the Ministry ordered the suspension of its second-category transport operating licences Nos. 20134/SSDT/MINT/DDT/OU001 and 47240/SSDT/MINT/DTR/CE004. All vehicles operating under the two licences are to be immediately impounded.
The ministry has also ordered a technical and administrative compliance audit of the transport company.
Sanctions were equally imposed on Mr Tata Emmanuel, owner of the articulated truck involved in the crash. His third-category transport licence, AUT238/SSDT/MINT/DTR/CE008, has been withdrawn, with all vehicles operating under the licence ordered to be impounded.
The driver's licence has also been suspended for one year. In addition, a fine of FCFA 5 million has been imposed for unlawfully engaging in road transport operations.
The tragedy has renewed concerns about road safety and compliance with transport regulations, particularly as road traffic increases during periods of heavy travel.
The Minister of Transport extended the government's condolences to the bereaved families and urged all road users to exercise greater vigilance and responsibility.
The Ndikinimeki accident is among the deadliest recent road crashes on the Yaoundé-Bafoussam highway, with the loss of 16 lives leaving families and communities mourning.
All vehicles operating under the two licences are to be immediately impounded.
The ministry has also ordered a technical and administrative compliance audit of the transport company.
Sanctions were equally imposed on Mr Tata Emmanuel, owner of the articulated truck involved in the crash. His third-category transport licence, AUT238/SSDT/MINT/DTR/CE008, has been withdrawn, with all vehicles operating under the licence ordered to be impounded.
The driver's licence has also been suspended for one year. In addition, a fine of FCFA 5 million has been imposed for unlawfully engaging in road transport operations.
The tragedy has renewed concerns about road safety and compliance with transport regulations, particularly as road traffic increases during periods of heavy travel.
The Minister of Transport extended the government's condolences to the bereaved families and urged all road users to exercise greater vigilance and responsibility.
The Ndikinimeki accident is among the deadliest recent road crashes on the Yaoundé-Bafoussam highway, with the loss of 16 lives leaving families and communities mourning.

0 Comments